If you are setting off down the desktop virtualization path, bear in mind that the server and desktop environments are not one and the same. Desktop virtualization is in fact not a virtualization project in its traditional sense. Rather, it is an application and desktop delivery initiative.
While the case for desktop virtualization is compelling, in order to realize its advantages, you need to:
- Understand the impact on your user community
- Consider the ramifications on your current and future operating system, application and device strategy
- Evaluate your storage requirements
- Ensure you optimize the infrastructure required to support it.
- If you are looking for more efficient, cost-effective ways to manage your desktop fleet, iLogo can assist.
We combine our understanding of the business drivers and technologies that enable desktop virtualisation with our expertise in Windows desktop deployment, required infrastructure layers (network, data centre, and security) and applications that need to be optimized. This allows you to realize the true advantages of desktop virtualization technologies.
From strategy and assessment, implementation of solutions and vendor technologies to network optimization, we can support you at every stage of your virtual desktop journey.